Father stabbed to death inside his home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a man was stabbed to death inside his southwest Harris County home last night. The victim's children were found locked outside.
It all happened on Benford near Bolling Brook.
According to detectives, three kids saw their father walk inside his home on Benford Street with three other men. The kids stayed outside to play, and when they came back to the house, found themselves locked out.
"Their mother arrived home. She couldn't get into the house. She began looking through the windows and discovered something had occurred inside the house," said Sgt. Robert Spurgeon with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
She called 911 and when sheriff's deputies arrived they found 34-year-old Carlos Martin dead inside.
"Obviously there was a struggle and there was a fight. A knife was used as a weapon. So, it was extremely violent," Sgt. Spurgeon said.
Ana Manzano, who lives across the street, says she and her husband left their house shortly before deputies arrived. When they got back, the street was full of emergency vehicles.
"You know I've been here for almost 12 years and never happened something like that," she said.
Manzano says she didn't know the victim personally, but often saw his kids playing in the yard. Her neighbor's violent death leaves her concerned about her own family.
"This, you know, is my home," she said. "I'm not leasing. I'm buying this home."
Investigators say it does appear the victim knew his attackers. Authorities are looking for three male suspects in their 20s.
Detectives are considering robbery as a possible motive, though they are not sure whether anything was missing from the house.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 6 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels 22 min ago
- One killed in west Houston wreck 25 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant