Former elementary teacher guilty in porn case
HOUSTON -- A former elementary school teacher in Houston faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty in a child pornography case.
Prosecutors say 53-year-old Juan Antonio Villarreal pleaded guilty Tuesday to distribution and possession of child pornography.
A Beaumont police officer investigating online child porn traced several downloads to a computer used by Villarreal, whose home was searched last August. Investigators recovered more than 1,700 images and videos.
Villarreal taught third-graders prior to his arrest. He remains in custody pending sentencing in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day' 42 min ago
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- 'Operation Safe-T-Net' results in child porn charges 29 min ago
- Houston car thieves' wish list 21 min ago
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos