Former elementary teacher guilty in porn case
HOUSTON -- A former elementary school teacher in Houston faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty in a child pornography case.
Prosecutors say 53-year-old Juan Antonio Villarreal pleaded guilty Tuesday to distribution and possession of child pornography.
A Beaumont police officer investigating online child porn traced several downloads to a computer used by Villarreal, whose home was searched last August. Investigators recovered more than 1,700 images and videos.
Villarreal taught third-graders prior to his arrest. He remains in custody pending sentencing in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos