Former elementary teacher guilty in porn case
HOUSTON -- A former elementary school teacher in Houston faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty in a child pornography case.
Prosecutors say 53-year-old Juan Antonio Villarreal pleaded guilty Tuesday to distribution and possession of child pornography.
A Beaumont police officer investigating online child porn traced several downloads to a computer used by Villarreal, whose home was searched last August. Investigators recovered more than 1,700 images and videos.
Villarreal taught third-graders prior to his arrest. He remains in custody pending sentencing in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 people on missing plane worked for Austin company 5 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 4 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 34 min ago
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?