Sugar Land rejects offer from SugarDaddie.com to change city's name
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A $4.65 million offer was not enough money to get one city in our area to change its name.
Sugar Land rejected an offer from SugarDaddie.com to rename the city after the dating website which links rich older men with younger women.
If Mayor James Thompson hadn't rejected the deal, Sugar Land would have received $500,000 from SugarDaddie.com for the next ten years.
Mayor Thompson says the city is not for sale.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 4 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 56 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!