Sugar Land rejects offer from SugarDaddie.com to change city's name
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A $4.65 million offer was not enough money to get one city in our area to change its name.
Sugar Land rejected an offer from SugarDaddie.com to rename the city after the dating website which links rich older men with younger women.
If Mayor James Thompson hadn't rejected the deal, Sugar Land would have received $500,000 from SugarDaddie.com for the next ten years.
Mayor Thompson says the city is not for sale.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 40 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 22 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 41 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 15 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Houston rodeo therapeutic experience for some
33 min ago