Attorney: Dad of two kids shocked by live wire reported broken guide wire 2 weeks ago
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The parents of two young children who were shocked in their own backyard hope it doesn't happen to another family.
Over the weekend, the siblings came in contact with a broken guide wire that was electrified. The children were both flown to Shriners Hospital for Children in Galveston.
According to the family's attorney, their father reported the broken guide wire to CenterPoint Energy two weeks earlier.
"The guide wire is connected here at the top of the pole, but unfortunately there's live power below the guide wire, so when it breaks loose from here on the ground it comes straight down and it comes in contact with this live electricity and this is a danger that may exist across homes in Houston," said attorney Tony Buzbee.
The guide wire was reattached Sunday evening by CenterPoint crews.
The conditions of the two young children have not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mother killed in police chase remembered
- Mother of drowned girl uses her story to save lives
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- Search ends for missing swimmer at San Luis Pass
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos