Water main break in Houston's East End floods busy intersection
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A water main break in Houston's East End flooded a busy intersection.
Standing water blocked off the area surrounding Navigation and Macario Garcia Drive. A crew who was working nearby hit a major line. The break flooded the streets, making them impassable.
A nearby fire station was left without water, forcing firefighters to use water to flush out their toilets and customers stayed away from businesses in the area.
"Because of all the water, no customers. Everybody's scared there," said one business owner.
Emergency responders were called in to help redirect traffic.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 16 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home 57 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night 21 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 11 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters 40 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting