Water main break in Houston's East End floods busy intersection
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A water main break in Houston's East End flooded a busy intersection.
Standing water blocked off the area surrounding Navigation and Macario Garcia Drive. A crew who was working nearby hit a major line. The break flooded the streets, making them impassable.
A nearby fire station was left without water, forcing firefighters to use water to flush out their toilets and customers stayed away from businesses in the area.
"Because of all the water, no customers. Everybody's scared there," said one business owner.
Emergency responders were called in to help redirect traffic.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 55 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 31 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 30 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- HISD security officer goes before judge today 31 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., 21 injured
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos