Ex-Pasadena ISD teacher accused of having sex with four students turns herself in
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A former Pasadena middle school teacher who's accused of having sex with four students has turned herself into authorities.
LaShawn Simmons posted $60,000 total bond Wednesday on felony charges of sexual assault of a child, online solicitation of a minor and possession of child pornography. All four victims -- two minors and two adults -- currently attend Dobie High School.
We learned Wednesday that Simmons has retained legal counsel.
The two-month investigation began when a parent allegedly found inappropriate Facebook messages between the teacher and her son. Court documents state Simmons allegedly took some of the students back to her apartment and had sex with them.
Last month, Simmons, 41, resigned from her teaching position at Beverly Hills Intermediate School after 14 years with the district.
Anyone who has other information related to this case are asked to contact Trae Morris, detective with the Pasadena ISD Police Department, at 713-740-0063.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 9 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K 52 min ago
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos