Rescued bobcat gets root canal at Houston Zoo
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A bobcat rescued in Friendswood late last year got some needed dental work this week.
In a two-hour procedure Wednesday, Dr. Maryanne Tocidlowski of the Houston Zoo and Dr. Frank Shuman of the Houston SPCA performed several root canals on the animal. Several of its teeth were in poor condition and the procedure was done to prevent infection. The dental work was performed at the Houston Zoo.
After the root canals, the bobcat was transported back to the Houston SPCA and is being monitored.
The bobcat has previously been treated for and recovered from flea infestation, a bacterial infection and sarcoptic mange.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 46 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends 16 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 2 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
29 min ago