Rescued bobcat gets root canal at Houston Zoo
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A bobcat rescued in Friendswood late last year got some needed dental work this week.
In a two-hour procedure Wednesday, Dr. Maryanne Tocidlowski of the Houston Zoo and Dr. Frank Shuman of the Houston SPCA performed several root canals on the animal. Several of its teeth were in poor condition and the procedure was done to prevent infection. The dental work was performed at the Houston Zoo.
After the root canals, the bobcat was transported back to the Houston SPCA and is being monitored.
The bobcat has previously been treated for and recovered from flea infestation, a bacterial infection and sarcoptic mange.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos