Two men injured setting up for trail riders' arrival
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were injured overnight while setting up for the Rodeo trail riders making their way into Houston.
It happened around 1am in Memorial Park, which is set up for the trail riders to arrive later today. A man on an ATV lost control and rolled the vehicle. He suffered head injuries and was taken to the hospital, but should be OK.
A second man who was in a golf cart on his way to that accident was also injured in the process, severely injuring his ankle.
Memorial Park has been busier than usual as crews set up in preparation for the trail ride. The trail rides will arrive late this afternoon. The riders stay the night at the park and then participate in the parade downtown Saturday morning.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 1 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
6 min ago