Ex-Pasadena ISD teacher accused of sex with students goes before judge
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A now former Pasadena ISD teacher, accused of having sex with four students, went before a judge on Friday.
LaShawn Simmons is charged with five different counts, including sexual assault of a child. She is out on bond and the judge set the conditions of her bond. They include no contact with children under 17 and she must stay a certain distance away from Pasadena ISD campuses.
The prosecutor also had a message for parents.
"Because the investigation is still ongoing -- putting out a plea to parents whose children have gone to Beverly Hills Intermediate who may have had some kind of contact with the defendant in this case," said prosecutor Shannon Davis.
Simmons was a veteran math teacher at Beverly Hills Intermediate when the alleged acts took place. The alleged victims are all students at Dobie High School. Simmons resigned last month.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 51 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash 41 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos