Ex-Pasadena ISD teacher accused of sex with students goes before judge
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A now former Pasadena ISD teacher, accused of having sex with four students, went before a judge on Friday.
LaShawn Simmons is charged with five different counts, including sexual assault of a child. She is out on bond and the judge set the conditions of her bond. They include no contact with children under 17 and she must stay a certain distance away from Pasadena ISD campuses.
The prosecutor also had a message for parents.
"Because the investigation is still ongoing -- putting out a plea to parents whose children have gone to Beverly Hills Intermediate who may have had some kind of contact with the defendant in this case," said prosecutor Shannon Davis.
Simmons was a veteran math teacher at Beverly Hills Intermediate when the alleged acts took place. The alleged victims are all students at Dobie High School. Simmons resigned last month.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 13 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 3 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations 18 min ago