Houston musician Norma Zenteno loses cancer battle
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston music community has lost one of its most eclectic and spirited artists.
Norma Zenteno died Friday afternoon of complications from cancer. She was 60.
The singer and guitarist was the daughter of acclaimed trumpet player, Roberto Zenteno. The Zentenos are considered Houston's first family of salsa.
Zenteno played around Houston for decades and often performed with other well-known Houston musicians.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 53 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 4 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow