Houston musician Norma Zenteno loses cancer battle
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston music community has lost one of its most eclectic and spirited artists.
Norma Zenteno died Friday afternoon of complications from cancer. She was 60.
The singer and guitarist was the daughter of acclaimed trumpet player, Roberto Zenteno. The Zentenos are considered Houston's first family of salsa.
Zenteno played around Houston for decades and often performed with other well-known Houston musicians.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 50 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!