Exclusive: Alleged victim of officer oppression speaks out
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're hearing exclusively from a women who says she was propositioned by a Houston police officer during a traffic stop.
Officer Victor Chris was charged with official oppression following an investigation into complaints voiced by several women.
The alleged victim, Danielle Belue, says she was pulled over by Officer Chris late last year. Belue says she thought it was a regular traffic stop until things took an inappropriate turn.
"I was pulled over at Park 10 Boulevard and I-10," Belue said.
Belue says with expired registration and other violations, Officer Chris handed her five traffic citations.
"He asked me if I was going to take it to court," Belue said.
Her answer was a "maybe" but says she was not ready for the response she was about to get.
"He's like, 'But if I don't show up to court how would you repay me?' and I was like, 'I would just say thank you,'" Belue said. "I was getting a vibe, like a creepy vibe from him."
So Belue called the Houston Police Department and reported Chris, but she had no idea other women had done the same. Those women reported Chris told them...
"'If you will spend time with me, I will tear up your ticket.' 'If you will talk to me later, if you will be around me, then I will not show up and testify against you,'" Harris County Assistant District Attorney Erin Epley said.
Eventually, HPD set up sting using an undercover female officer who was pulled over by Chris and allegedly propositioned.
"They agree to sexual intercourse in exchange for him to not to testify against her, for him to tear up the tickets. This is official oppression," Epley said.
Officer Chris was then arrested.
Belue says she's counting her blessings.
"It could have gone a bad way but it didn't, and I'm really grateful for that.
Officer Chris made his first court appearance Friday morning. He is out on bond and relieved of duty with pay, pending the outcome of the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 21 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 22 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 44 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 9 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale