Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo longer this year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Tomorrow night is opening night for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
More than two million people are expected to attend the Rodeo and this year, they have an extra day to enjoy all the fun. For the first time since the Rodeo premiered 81 years ago, it will be held for 21 days instead of the typical 20.
The Rodeo predicts it will have 2.3 million visitors. That means parking lots, especially the cash, lots will fill up quickly but here's a tip.
The Rodeo is encouraging visitors to download the rodeo app. It will show you a map with all the parking lots on it and tell you just how full each lot is at any given moment. You can also leave your car in one of the eight Rodeo park and rides around town and take a METRO shuttle or light rail to Reliant.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn 36 min ago
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts 26 min ago
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Mack Brown responds to reports of his resignation
- Beyonce fans line up outside Toyota Center
- Accused killer in custody after weeks on the run
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos