Man dies during fight with sister, her boyfriend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fight between siblings Sunday night ended with one of them dying in northwest Harris County.
Police say the man, identified as 37-year-old Hasani Jones, was previously living at his sister's residence in the 1400 block of West Gulf Bank, but had been kicked out of the apartment a few days earlier.
At about 11am Sunday, Jones returned to the apartment and got into a fight with her and her boyfriend. Both the resident and Jones punched each other, but no injuries occured. Jones then left the apartment.
At approximately 7pm, Jones once again arrived at the apartment, armed with a hammer, entered uninvited and, according to police, then began to attack the same resident with the hammer. The resident received several strikes to his head before he placed Jones in a "bear hug."
The two then fell onto the living room floor and began to roll over one another. Police say Jones, still armed with the hammer, began to strike the resident. The resident was then able to place Jones in a choke hold.
Investigators say the man held Jones in the hold until Jones began to cough, at which time he released the hold. The resident then told another witness in the apartment to call 911 for police and an ambulance. HPD officers and HFD paramedics then responded to the assault call.
Jones was transported to Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities are looking into his exact cause of death.
The case will be referred to a Harris County Grand Jury.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans 24 min ago
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero 24 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Travis Herzog's Thursday forecast
29 min ago
- Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
24 min ago
- JJ Watt now a superhero
24 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos