Facility serving troubled youth closing its doors
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A center serving troubled youth in the community is closing one of its facilities.
DePelchin Children's Center announced they will permanently close the Elkins Residential Treatment Center located at 4950 Memorial Drive on or around April 20. This facility closure means 44 full-time employees and 13 part time workers will lose their jobs.
A spokesperson issued the following statement:
- " DePelchin Children's Center has a long history of evolving its programs to meet the changing needs of the children in the community it serves. As the state moves toward a model of supporting more children in the home environment, we have decided to focus our efforts on the recruiting and training of additional loving foster families to care for children. At this time, we will continue providing residential care at our Richmond Residential Treatment Center."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Home invasion suspects threaten to take baby 53 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch 16 min ago
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on cheek 45 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Cleveland ISD: Teen resisting officer hit with Taser 10 min ago
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Man accused of killing, burying mom in backyard 33 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
39 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos