Rodeo carnival closing early due to wind
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Strong wind across the Houston area is forcing RodeoHouston officials to make some changes on its first night.
We were told a few rides were closed due to the wind earlier in the evening. All three Ferris wheels and the Sky Ride were shut down as a precaution.
The wind also knocked over a lot of tents across Reliant Park.
Rodeo officials now say all outdoor activities will close as soon as the rodeo concert ends because of the weather.
Rodeo shows typically end around 10pm, but the carnival usually stays open until midnight.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course