Four in custody after shooting during alleged drug deal gone bad, police chase in Sugar Land
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say a drug deal gone bad at a home in Sugar Land led to the shooting of a man followed by a police chase.
Doug Adolph with the City of Sugar Land says a male homeowner met a woman online about a week ago. Adolph says the woman, along with another female and two men, went to the home on Cypress Ridge near Ellicott Way to conduct a drug transaction involving cocaine.
According to Adolph, one of the suspects was apparently not happy with the transaction outside the home and fired one shot, hitting the homeowner. He was transported to Sugar Land Methodist Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The four suspects fled in a stolen vehicle, but were caught by police after a chase on Highway 59.
Grayson VanRheen, 20, Sarah Moehle, 18, Jasmine Claxton, 23, and Jessey Eaton, 27, are all charged with aggravated assault.
Adolph said the homeowner will likely face charges, too.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home