Man facing murder charges attacks his own lawyer in court, gets Tasered
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man facing murder charges who wanted a new lawyer is now likely getting his wish after attacking his old one in front of a judge.
Earlier Tuesday afternoon, court officials say Timothy Victoria lunged at his defense attorney and then proceeded to punch him several times in the head. Court deputies stepped in and had to use a Taser to subdue Victoria.
Eyewitness News spoke to Allen Isbell, the lawyer who was attacked. He says this is a new one for him.
"I belong now to a unique club. Very few of us have been attacked by our client. I've been here a long, long time and that has never happened," Isbell said.
As for the murder suspect, he's likely to face even more charges now, but he's also getting a new lawyer. Isbell says he's going to recuse himself from the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 11 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold