Suspected drunk driver leads police on chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspected drunk driver slurred his words after a high-speed chase ended with him being zapped with a Taser.
The chase up the North Freeway finally ended in a neighborhood off Sawgrass Ridge and Deborah Ann Way.
Houston officers were originally trying to pull the driver over for suspected drunk driving near North Shepherd. When the driver finally pulled over, he refused a sheriff's deputy's command to get out of his car, so he was shocked with a stun gun.
Afterward he was put in the back of a cruiser and he told our camera crew he didn't want to go to jail.
"I don't want to go to jail," he said. "I don't want to go to jail. Aww man."
The driver is now facing a drunk driving charge and a felony evading charge.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 1 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 22 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 48 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal