Wild police chase ends with arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was arrested after leading police on a high speed chase in north Houston this morning.
The chase started on Ella and lasted for 30 minutes. It ended on Interstate 45, between West Gulf Bank and West Mount Houston, when he ran over a set of spikes.
Police say they found drugs and cash in his Lexus.
"We do have drugs in the vehicle. The suspect was throwing out drugs, we believe, on the freeway during the pursuit," said Sgt. David Hillborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
After being stopped, the suspect tried running away but was quickly apprehended and hauled to jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 4 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 23 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course 55 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects