Wild police chase ends with arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was arrested after leading police on a high speed chase in north Houston this morning.
The chase started on Ella and lasted for 30 minutes. It ended on Interstate 45, between West Gulf Bank and West Mount Houston, when he ran over a set of spikes.
Police say they found drugs and cash in his Lexus.
"We do have drugs in the vehicle. The suspect was throwing out drugs, we believe, on the freeway during the pursuit," said Sgt. David Hillborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
After being stopped, the suspect tried running away but was quickly apprehended and hauled to jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 3 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels 2 min ago
- One killed in west Houston wreck 5 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife