Wild police chase ends with arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was arrested after leading police on a high speed chase in north Houston this morning.
The chase started on Ella and lasted for 30 minutes. It ended on Interstate 45, between West Gulf Bank and West Mount Houston, when he ran over a set of spikes.
Police say they found drugs and cash in his Lexus.
"We do have drugs in the vehicle. The suspect was throwing out drugs, we believe, on the freeway during the pursuit," said Sgt. David Hillborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
After being stopped, the suspect tried running away but was quickly apprehended and hauled to jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 31 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Three Webster officers go before judge today 1 min ago
- SW Houston Family loses puppy in overnight fire 7 min ago
- Three local teams hoping to bring home state football titles 7 min ago
- Repeat winner for most annoying word of 2013 7 min ago
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
36 min ago