Wild police chase ends with arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was arrested after leading police on a high speed chase in north Houston this morning.
The chase started on Ella and lasted for 30 minutes. It ended on Interstate 45, between West Gulf Bank and West Mount Houston, when he ran over a set of spikes.
Police say they found drugs and cash in his Lexus.
"We do have drugs in the vehicle. The suspect was throwing out drugs, we believe, on the freeway during the pursuit," said Sgt. David Hillborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
After being stopped, the suspect tried running away but was quickly apprehended and hauled to jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents die from blunt force trauma 2 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 6 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test 50 min ago
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 37 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 33 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
15 min ago