Man allegedly held down boy, 10, and forced him to smoke synthetic marijuana from pipe
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- A teenager in Atascocita is now accused of a bizarre crime. Police say he held down his 10-year-old neighbor on the ground and forced the boy to smoke Kush, which is a form of synthetic marijuana. The case is disturbing some parents.
Investigators say the attack happened last weekend on the campus of Maplebrook Elementary when school wasn't in session.
"That's crazy that someone would even think about doing that," said neighbor Hannah Waters.
Police have arrested Christopher Blake Stoneking, 18, for allegedly forcing a 10-year-old boy to smoke Kush on the playground of Maplebrook Elementary Sunday evening.
There was no comment when we went by Stoneking's home. According to court documents, Stoneking held the child to the ground and forced a marijuana pipe in his mouth.
According to the boy's friend, Stoneking said he'd hit both of them if they tried to get him to get off the child.
Police say the little boy was scared, so he inhaled and described feeling sick afterward.
Police say the little boy and a friend ran across a field and into a church, begging for help. As church services at Lake Houston Church of Christ were going on, parishioners heard the boys' cries for help.
'We were all sitting in here. We just heard that really shrill cry and all the heads whipped around and a big surge of men ran outside," said preacher Kevin Hahn.
The men made sure the boys got home safely. But now they're learning what police say happened and they recognize the suspect. The preacher says Stoneking often came by the church for help.
'He had asked for a bicycle or a car. He had asked if he could have a car to go to work, money, food; what he really wanted was a tent," Hahn said.
"We always try to be careful about who we interact with and yet you want to be loving people," said church secretary Jo Ann Mitchell.
The alleged incident happened on school property, but not during school hours. Humble ISD released a statement which read, "The allegation is appalling. Children should be able to play without fear of being hurt or bullied. Fortunately, the 10-year-old is doing well and the suspect is now in jail. Humble ISD Police took immediate investigative action so that an arrest warrant could be issued and the suspect prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
Stonekin is charged with injury to a child and endangering a child.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
humble, local, pooja lodhia
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 56 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 59 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
39 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos