Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of security guard at game room last July
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a security guard at a southeast Houston game room last July.
Jaycee Devonne Scallion is charged with capital murder for the killing of security guard Pedro Emilio DePena.
Houston police say on the night of July 21, 2012, two unknown male suspects entered the Evergreen Game room at 1501 Evergreen Drive. One of the suspects pulled the security guard out into the parking lot, pushed him to the ground, and fatally shot him.
The same suspect then entered the game room and looked around while displaying a black, semi-automatic pistol. Both suspects then fled the scene. DePena, 40, died at the scene.
Police say further investigation developed information that identified Scallion as the shooter in this case. He was taken into custody on Tuesday without incident and is being held at the Harris County Jail with no bond. Scallion, 27, is due in court Thursday.
Three other suspects believed involved in the robbery remain at large. Anyone with information in this case or on the remaining wanted suspects is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale