Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of security guard at game room last July
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a security guard at a southeast Houston game room last July.
Jaycee Devonne Scallion is charged with capital murder for the killing of security guard Pedro Emilio DePena.
Houston police say on the night of July 21, 2012, two unknown male suspects entered the Evergreen Game room at 1501 Evergreen Drive. One of the suspects pulled the security guard out into the parking lot, pushed him to the ground, and fatally shot him.
The same suspect then entered the game room and looked around while displaying a black, semi-automatic pistol. Both suspects then fled the scene. DePena, 40, died at the scene.
Police say further investigation developed information that identified Scallion as the shooter in this case. He was taken into custody on Tuesday without incident and is being held at the Harris County Jail with no bond. Scallion, 27, is due in court Thursday.
Three other suspects believed involved in the robbery remain at large. Anyone with information in this case or on the remaining wanted suspects is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 50 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today