Homeowner holds three burglars at gunpoint until police arrive
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A homeowner says he walked into his house and found three intruders helping themselves. That was, until they realized he was armed with a weapon and wasn't afraid to use it.
The armed homeowner pulled his gun on the three intruders Wednesday morning and held them there until police arrived. It made for some incredibly tense moments inside the northwest Houston home off Bent Bough and Long Creek.
It started out as just another day for Randy Magdaleno, dropping off his wife off at work. But then he returned home to trouble.
"I walked in very quietly, and I heard people running around inside my house. So that's when I grabbed my rifle," Magdaleno said.
Three young men were inside his house, the back door was open and glass shattered.
"I saw one guy in the living room and I came around through here. And when I was coming around, I saw somebody moving in the foyer," Magdaleno said. "I pointed the rifle to 'em and I told them to lay on the floor."
While holding all three men at gunpoint, Magdaleno grabbed his cell phone and called his wife at work.
"That's when I went into panic mode at that time," Magdaleno's wife said.
"She was on one phone talking to me, on the other talking to 911. So I know she was scared," he added.
While cops were on the way, the intruders were trying to come up with a story.
"They said that their dog ran into my house and they were in here to get their dog out of here," Magdaleno said.
Officers arrived and took the three suspects into custody and found Magdaleno's laptop inside one of the suspect's backpacks.
"No. No dog," Magdaleno said.
Now his family now breathing a sigh of relief, and counting their blessings.
"I'm just glad he was calm enough and handled it," his wife said.
Police are now investigating whether these three suspects had anything to do with a recent rash of burglaries in the neighborhood.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, art rascon
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 23 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home