Fatal NJ Transit accident shuts down service from Philly to AC
HAMMONTON, N.J. - February 27, 2013 -- Atlantic County and New Jersey Transit officials are investigating a fatal accident that shut down train service on the Atlantic City Line tonight.
It happened just before 7:00 p.m. near the Hammonton Station in Hammonton.
Officials say a man was struck and killed by an eastbound Philadelphia to Atlantic City train.
No one aboard the train was hurt.
Train service has been suspended between Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
NJ Transit is running shuttle bus service between Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
new jersey, new jersey transit, train accident, accident, local/state
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale