Fatal NJ Transit accident shuts down service from Philly to AC
HAMMONTON, N.J. - February 27, 2013 -- Atlantic County and New Jersey Transit officials are investigating a fatal accident that shut down train service on the Atlantic City Line tonight.
It happened just before 7:00 p.m. near the Hammonton Station in Hammonton.
Officials say a man was struck and killed by an eastbound Philadelphia to Atlantic City train.
No one aboard the train was hurt.
Train service has been suspended between Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
NJ Transit is running shuttle bus service between Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
new jersey, new jersey transit, train accident, accident, local/state
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak