Authorities arrest four suspects in New Caney drug probe
NEW CANEY (KTRK) -- Montgomery County detectives have arrested four people who allegedly were caught with drugs during a narcotics investigation in New Caney.
Detectives charged 51-year-old Sheri Ann Young with third-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance after searching her trailer in the 21600 block of Punkin and allegedly discovered digital scales, used syringes, small plastic bags and glass smoking pipes with methamphetamine residue. Doctors then discovered 3 grams of methamphetamine hidden on her person after she collapsed and began having a seizure while she was being booked into the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities began watching Young after they were tipped off about an alleged methamphetamine business operating out of her trailer.
They watched as four people left her house following a short visit and pulled them over. During a search of their vehicle, police discovered a white plastic container with a glass pipe and over a half gram of methamphetamine, as well as 14 pills identified as a dangerous drug.
Police arrested three of the four people inside the car -- 29-year-old Michael J. Young, 20-year-old Moriah Joy Carroll and 43-year-old Robert Reneau.
Young and Carroll were each charged with third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance and third-degree felony tamper/fabricate physical evidence with intent to impair. Carroll also was charged with a Class A misdemeanor possession of a dangerous drug.
Reneau was charged with state-jail felony possession of a controlled substance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer