Authorities arrest four suspects in New Caney drug probe
NEW CANEY (KTRK) -- Montgomery County detectives have arrested four people who allegedly were caught with drugs during a narcotics investigation in New Caney.
Detectives charged 51-year-old Sheri Ann Young with third-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance after searching her trailer in the 21600 block of Punkin and allegedly discovered digital scales, used syringes, small plastic bags and glass smoking pipes with methamphetamine residue. Doctors then discovered 3 grams of methamphetamine hidden on her person after she collapsed and began having a seizure while she was being booked into the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities began watching Young after they were tipped off about an alleged methamphetamine business operating out of her trailer.
They watched as four people left her house following a short visit and pulled them over. During a search of their vehicle, police discovered a white plastic container with a glass pipe and over a half gram of methamphetamine, as well as 14 pills identified as a dangerous drug.
Police arrested three of the four people inside the car -- 29-year-old Michael J. Young, 20-year-old Moriah Joy Carroll and 43-year-old Robert Reneau.
Young and Carroll were each charged with third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance and third-degree felony tamper/fabricate physical evidence with intent to impair. Carroll also was charged with a Class A misdemeanor possession of a dangerous drug.
Reneau was charged with state-jail felony possession of a controlled substance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Strong storms move through SE Texas
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone