Authorities arrest four suspects in New Caney drug probe
NEW CANEY (KTRK) -- Montgomery County detectives have arrested four people who allegedly were caught with drugs during a narcotics investigation in New Caney.
Detectives charged 51-year-old Sheri Ann Young with third-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance after searching her trailer in the 21600 block of Punkin and allegedly discovered digital scales, used syringes, small plastic bags and glass smoking pipes with methamphetamine residue. Doctors then discovered 3 grams of methamphetamine hidden on her person after she collapsed and began having a seizure while she was being booked into the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities began watching Young after they were tipped off about an alleged methamphetamine business operating out of her trailer.
They watched as four people left her house following a short visit and pulled them over. During a search of their vehicle, police discovered a white plastic container with a glass pipe and over a half gram of methamphetamine, as well as 14 pills identified as a dangerous drug.
Police arrested three of the four people inside the car -- 29-year-old Michael J. Young, 20-year-old Moriah Joy Carroll and 43-year-old Robert Reneau.
Young and Carroll were each charged with third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance and third-degree felony tamper/fabricate physical evidence with intent to impair. Carroll also was charged with a Class A misdemeanor possession of a dangerous drug.
Reneau was charged with state-jail felony possession of a controlled substance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 1 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 9 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 7 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash