Two wounded in freeway drive-by shooting near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were shot as they were driving on the freeway near downtown Houston overnight.
Police were called to Arlington near the Katy Freeway just west of downtown Houston at around 2:30am Friday. The two men inside pulled over on the freeway and called for help.
The men told officers they had a disagreement with someone at a club nearby. They left the area and were driving on I-10 when they say another car pulled up and someone fired two shotgun blasts into the side of their car and sped off. Officers say the men inside the Cadillac suffered injuries to their chest and upper bodies.
They were taken to a hospital for treatment, but are expected to survive.
Officers towed the car the suspects shot at to a parking lot. The car had pellet marks below the passenger door and in the front fender.
Police say the two men were conscious and communicating when paramedics arrived. They'll be interviewing them in the hospital to try to get more information about the person who shot them.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 3 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
14 min ago
- McDonald's customers order food, get sack...
45 min ago