Two wounded in freeway drive-by shooting near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were shot as they were driving on the freeway near downtown Houston overnight.
Police were called to Arlington near the Katy Freeway just west of downtown Houston at around 2:30am Friday. The two men inside pulled over on the freeway and called for help.
The men told officers they had a disagreement with someone at a club nearby. They left the area and were driving on I-10 when they say another car pulled up and someone fired two shotgun blasts into the side of their car and sped off. Officers say the men inside the Cadillac suffered injuries to their chest and upper bodies.
They were taken to a hospital for treatment, but are expected to survive.
Officers towed the car the suspects shot at to a parking lot. The car had pellet marks below the passenger door and in the front fender.
Police say the two men were conscious and communicating when paramedics arrived. They'll be interviewing them in the hospital to try to get more information about the person who shot them.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 16 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 20 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Two arrested for trespassing after found on roof of church 45 min ago
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong' 57 min ago
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas