KCOH keeps same format, moves down the radio dial to 1230AM
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A radio station that bills itself as the oldest black station in the state moved down the dial overnight.
At midnight, KCOH moved from 1430AM to its new frequency at 1230AM. The change was the result of the station being sold to a religious group last November. It was going to change the station's format, but some investors were able to work out a deal to keep the station and the call letters.
There will be one big change as long-time radio host Wash Allen is parting ways. Still, community leaders hope listeners and sponsors will give the new frequency a chance.
KCOH has been on the air since 1953.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 15 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos