KCOH keeps same format, moves down the radio dial to 1230AM
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A radio station that bills itself as the oldest black station in the state moved down the dial overnight.
At midnight, KCOH moved from 1430AM to its new frequency at 1230AM. The change was the result of the station being sold to a religious group last November. It was going to change the station's format, but some investors were able to work out a deal to keep the station and the call letters.
There will be one big change as long-time radio host Wash Allen is parting ways. Still, community leaders hope listeners and sponsors will give the new frequency a chance.
KCOH has been on the air since 1953.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Lockdown at Kemah Walmart lifted 36 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 48 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos