KCOH keeps same format, moves down the radio dial to 1230AM
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A radio station that bills itself as the oldest black station in the state moved down the dial overnight.
At midnight, KCOH moved from 1430AM to its new frequency at 1230AM. The change was the result of the station being sold to a religious group last November. It was going to change the station's format, but some investors were able to work out a deal to keep the station and the call letters.
There will be one big change as long-time radio host Wash Allen is parting ways. Still, community leaders hope listeners and sponsors will give the new frequency a chance.
KCOH has been on the air since 1953.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard