Cy-Fair ISD security guard accused of groping student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who was hired to help and protect the students of Cy-Fair is now accused of violating one of them.
Melvin Bell, 49, had worked for Cy-Fair ISD for seven years. Students say most, if not all, of those years were spent at Cypress Woods High School. The alleged victim says he was often overly friendly with students but with her she says, he definitely went too far.
For three years, Cypress Woods High School has been a safe place for this high school senior. Two weeks ago, that all changed.
"I can't trust anyone on campus, whether that be a friend or a teacher," she said.
We are not identifying the 18-year-old because of the nature of the allegation. She also asked that we disguise her voice. She says she was sitting in her car two Fridays ago when the longtime school security guard hopped in.
She quickly became uncomfortable.
"And the things he was saying are not something a man his age should say to an 18-year-old," the teen said.
She says he kept on and while she told him to leave; she also didn't want to be disrespectful because of his position.
"To an 18-year-old, that's a police officer," she said.
But when he finally got out, it got worse. She says he walked to her window and groped her.
"I asked him to stop, many times. I moved his hands away. There were many times where I even hit his hands away from me," she said.
Bell has been charged. He quickly slammed the door when we confronted him on Friday afternoon.
Cy-Fair ISD says Bell quit before they could fire him.
"The man who was supposed to protect me from things like this did this to me," the teen said.
The teen now wants other girls to know it's OK to come forward.
"I don't want any other girl to have to go through this. I want anyone who has gone through this, I want them to get justice," she said.
Court documents state Bell admitted to having an inappropriate relationship with the teen but denied touching her.
His next court date is March 14.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, jessica willey
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry 13 min ago
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students 21 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake