Construction work near Galleria delayed one week
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Drivers in the Galleria area have another week to find an alternate route thanks to construction delays.
Crews will replace the Westheimer Road bridge between Weslayan and I-610 just east of Midlane. During construction, Westheimer will be reduced to one lane each way for up to a month. Construction was scheduled to start this Sunday but has now been postponed for a week. The project is part of the flood control district's $13 million channel enclosure project aimed at improving drainage.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV 15 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school