Driver runs out of gas during chase around Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An overnight police chase that nearly circled the entire city finally ended when the suspect ran out of gas, authorities said.
An officer reportedly tried to pull over the suspect around 1:30am for running a stop sign at the North Loop near Ella, but the suspect wouldn't stop.
According to investigators, the suspect almost went around the entire 610 Loop before he finally pulled over on the East Loop at Wallisville because his gas tank ran out of fuel.
The driver was arrested and faces potential charges of evading arrest.
He did not have any outstanding warrants, and it's unclear why he ran from police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer