Driver runs out of gas during chase around Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An overnight police chase that nearly circled the entire city finally ended when the suspect ran out of gas, authorities said.
An officer reportedly tried to pull over the suspect around 1:30am for running a stop sign at the North Loop near Ella, but the suspect wouldn't stop.
According to investigators, the suspect almost went around the entire 610 Loop before he finally pulled over on the East Loop at Wallisville because his gas tank ran out of fuel.
The driver was arrested and faces potential charges of evading arrest.
He did not have any outstanding warrants, and it's unclear why he ran from police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant 26 min ago
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born