One killed, two others injured in wreck near Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A father was killed and a mother is now in critical condition after an accident in Conroe early this morning. Amazingly their young child, who was also in the vehicle, was not seriously hurt.
This happened on Old Houston Road and Strevenson around 2am.
Authorities say a family of three was travelling southbound on Old Houston Road when the driver lost control, hit a drainage pipe and flipped over. It's still unclear why that driver lost control but there are skid marks that indicate that he attempted to stop several feet before striking the pipe.
The driver was trapped inside the vehicle which was upside down when paramedics arrived. The wife was ejected and a three-year-old toddler remarkably had escaped with just scrapes and bruises and was walking around the scene when EMS crews arrived on the scene.
The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman who was revived by paramedics was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in The Woodlands. She is listed in critical condition. The boy was treated and released from the hospital, according to family members.
There was a car seat inside the vehicle but the child had not apparently been strapped into it.
The victim hasn't been identified. The accident is under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
conroe, local, katie mccall
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 47 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years