Grieving mother wants stolen pictures of her son returned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother whose son just passed away lost something else that she says means the world to her. She says someone broke into her rental car and stole a suitcase filled with photos of her dead son pictures she planned to use for his service.
Alyse Cade is originally from Houston and flew her son's body from Detroit to Houston to bury him surrounded by family and friends. He died last month from Muscular Dystrophy.
After visiting the funeral home she and members of her family went to Pappadeaux's on Richmond for dinner. She left her suitcase filled with 19 years worth of photos in the back seat when someone smashed the back window and grabbed the bag.
"I really need those pictures. Those are everything that I have of my baby and I really need that for his funeral," said Cade.
She called police but she says they never came to the scene. She wants whoever stole the bag to return it to police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
19 min ago