Train smashes into 18-wheeler on railroad tracks in Magnolia
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- A train smashed into an 18-wheeler in the Magnolia area Monday.
The trailer was crossing the railroad tracks FM 1488 and FM 1774 and the impact sent debris flying everywhere. Amazingly, we're told no one was hurt.
An ABC13 viewer shot video of the train as it plowed into the trailer.
It's going to take some time to clean up, which means this area will be closed down for some time.
According to police, the truck was hauling a $2 million piece of oilfield equipment from Houston to Monterrey, Mexico. Officials said the trailer had a low clearance and bottomed out on the tracks.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 9 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 1 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 11 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 17 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
55 min ago