Woman indicted for murder over road rage shooting has case delayed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman indicted for murder over a road rage shooting had her case delayed Monday.
Crystal Scott was supposed to make her first court appearance, but her attorney says the judge reset the case to give the defense more time to investigate.
Scott says she and Jonathan Ables were in a fender bender in September 2012. Scott says Ables beat on her window, then opened her door.
Scott has a concealed handgun license and says she feared for her life when she shot and killed Ables.
"It was man against a young woman. A fight that she felt like she would never be able to overcome. She did what she had the right to do and that is to protect herself," said defense attorney Letitia Quinones.
Ables' family says that they do not agree with Scott's story and that Ables' alleged actions were not in his nature.
Scott's new court date is April 4.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 7 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase 31 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 24 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first 39 min ago
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 2 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY 40 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 34 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
56 min ago