Sketch released of suspect in teen assault
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Friendswood police have released a sketch of a man they say assaulted a teenage girl in her own home last week.
According to Friendswood police, the teen was home alone in the 16100 block of Bougainvilla when a man kicked in the front door around 10:40am on Tuesday, February 26.
Police said the girl was taking a shower at the time. The suspect reportedly realized someone was home, and he walked into the bathroom and stepped into the shower.
After a brief struggle, the victim was able to call police and the suspect fled on foot.
The victim told police the man said he had a gun. When officers arrived, they began looking for him but had no luck.
The victim met with a police sketch artist and described the suspect as a black male, thin build, 5'8" to 5'9" tall, in his late teens or early 20s. He had short hair with stubble on his chin and had a deep voice.
Friendswood detectives are actively investigating this burglary, and are working to determine if this burglary is linked to any others. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Friendswood Police Department at 281-996-3300.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 46 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case