Sketch released of suspect in teen assault
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Friendswood police have released a sketch of a man they say assaulted a teenage girl in her own home last week.
According to Friendswood police, the teen was home alone in the 16100 block of Bougainvilla when a man kicked in the front door around 10:40am on Tuesday, February 26.
Police said the girl was taking a shower at the time. The suspect reportedly realized someone was home, and he walked into the bathroom and stepped into the shower.
After a brief struggle, the victim was able to call police and the suspect fled on foot.
The victim told police the man said he had a gun. When officers arrived, they began looking for him but had no luck.
The victim met with a police sketch artist and described the suspect as a black male, thin build, 5'8" to 5'9" tall, in his late teens or early 20s. He had short hair with stubble on his chin and had a deep voice.
Friendswood detectives are actively investigating this burglary, and are working to determine if this burglary is linked to any others. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Friendswood Police Department at 281-996-3300.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 1 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 47 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 28 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 18 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret