University of Houston: Report of male with gun on campus unfounded
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston issued an alert to students and staff following a report of a male with a gun on campus, but the report was unfounded.
The alert said there was a report of a male with a small handgun in the area of Philip G Hoffman Hall. A spokesperson for the university told Eyewitness News the suspect was identified and it turned out that he was carrying a bar code scanner of some type.
The suspect was unaware he caused any alarm. The alert has been cancelled.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 9 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 28 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green