Suspected armed robbers lead police on chase in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman in northwest Harris County shared her story of a frightening ordeal early Wednesday morning. Her husband was robbed at gunpoint in front of their home and the suspects are still on the loose.
A five-mile highway chase with Harris County Sheriff's deputies ended at Greens Road and Highway 249. Two men in a Dodge Charger ran from the scene.
Those men are accused of robbing a man outside a home in the 10100 block of Sweet Olive Way near Sugar Orchid at gunpoint.
"We have the two weapons that were used in the robbery," said Sgt. David Hilborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "Whether they have weapons on them now, we're not sure. But they are considered armed still."
A woman, who asked us to conceal her identity, says her husband noticed a car in front of their home that seemed out of place. Moments later, she says, he had two shotguns pointed at him.
"I just opened the window because he called me to tell me he was coming home and saw them standing with two big guns up to him and I called the police immediately," she said.
She says her husband wouldn't let the masked men into their home, and they left after emptying his pockets.
"I didn't know if they were going to get in, kill us, kill him," she said. "I didn't know what to do."
The woman says she and her husband weren't hurt, but both of them are badly shaken up.
When neighbor Destiny Haley heard what happened just next door, she couldn't believe it.
"Shocked, because this is a pretty good neighborhood," Haley said. "(There is) never any craziness like that going on."
"It was extremely scary because I have never been through anything like this before," said the victim's wife.
Deputies say the suspects are likely in their late teens or early 20s with a thin build. They were wearing dark clothes and masks. Anyone with information is being asked to call authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 10 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend 19 min ago
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury? 31 min ago
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 32 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods