Two Huffman ISD schools on lockdown while police search for suspects in the area
HUFFMAN, TX (KTRK) -- Two Huffman ISD schools are on lockdown while police search for some suspects in the area.
The school district says Huffman middle school and Hargrave High School are both on lockdown as a precaution. At around 10:50 this morning, Harris County Sheriff's deputies say they briefly chased several suspects in a vehicle off of FM 2100.
The Harris Co. Precinct 3 Constable's Office says the chase started as a traffic stop, but the suspects fled, driving through a pasture before they bailed out. Two of the suspects were caught shortly thereafter.
Deputies say they are still looking for a third suspect.
One of the suspects taken into custody said he fled because he had a warrant for his arrest, according to deputy constables. We'll post more details here as they come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?