Driver emerges unscathed after train hits vehicle at railroad crossing in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- For the third day in a row, a vehicle has been hit by a train in our area.
The latest accident happened at Beechnut and Newcastle in southwest Houston, near the border of Bellaire. The driver of a Hyundai Sonata was hit by a train at the railroad crossing. Amazingly, there were no reports of serious injuries and the car appeared to have only minor damage. Police cleared the scene fairly quickly.
On Wednesday, two people inside a car were hit by a train at a crossing in southwest Houston. The driver was taken to a hospital.
And on Tuesday, we showed you iWitness video of a train barreling into a truck at a crossing in Montgomery County. The trailer had gotten stuck on the tracks. No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 2 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 19 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Casey Curry's weather forecast
3 min ago