Charges filed in case of boy allegedly locked in box
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Months after a nine-year-old Galveston boy ran away from home, bringing allegations of abuse to light, charges have been filed in the case.
The case first made news in August, when the boy ran away from home and was found by Galveston police. Investigators searched the home after initially taking the boy back there. They said they believed his father and stepmother may have locked the boy in a wooden box in the laundry room and photographed him nude.
According to Galveston County Criminal District Attorney Jack Roady, a grand jury returned indictments against David M. Wieseckel, 42, and Linda S. Schwan, 48, both of Galveston for the offenses of injury to a child and unlawful restraint of a child.
The charges stem from allegations that the couple kept Wieseckel's nine-year-old son locked in a wooden box and subjected him to repeated physical abuse. The Galveston Police Department investigated the case.
Wieseckel is charged with two counts of injury to a child, both third degree felonies, and one count of unlawful restraint of a child, a state jail felony. Wieseckel's bonds total $30,000.
Schwan is charged with one count of injury to a child and one count of unlawful restraint of a child. Schwan's bonds total $20,000.
The boy has been placed in a foster home.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'