Montgomery County wants residents' input on economic growth
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Business is really booming in Montgomery County. And now residents are being asked to weigh in on the future of development in their area.
Montgomery County is booming, and it's not just The Woodlands. From Conroe to Magnolia and Montgomery there is growth, and they're happy to have it.
"That is one of the strongest agreements in the county," said Joanne Ducharme with Montgomery County Community Development. "People do not want to restrict growth. They've got their arms open. They're welcoming people to move here."
But managing that growth is another issue all together. That's why Ducharme is heading an all-inclusive survey to find out what residents want and what they need.<P "The citizens of Montgomery County, all of them across the board, are paying for these projects. And so the citizens need to have input into what projects we do," Ducharme said.
Five years ago, there were concerns about health care and transportation for the low income, elderly, and disabled. The county built new facilities all over the county to meet those needs. This time the surveys are coming back talking about jobs.
Ducharme explained, "There's much more concern about economic development programs, enhancing this area as a desirable place for businesses to move."
Part of the effort includes 20 focus groups.
"They're not bashful. They're very candid," said Fred Thompson of Thompson Consulting. "It provides people with an opportunity to say something about how the community is growing, how it is evolving."
It's not too late. The county still wants to hear what you think. If you're interested, you can fill out a survey at the Montgomery County Community Development website.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
the woodlands, local, tom abrahams
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong' 28 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 53 min ago
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Lufkin restaurant worker hit by lightning dies 48 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone