Man hit by vehicle, killed while trying to cross East Freeway near Federal
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was killed when he was struck by a vehicle while trying to walk across the East Freeway overnight, police say.
It happened around 1am near Federal. According to authorities, the driver stopped and flagged down a passing officer immediately after the collision.
The victim died at the scene.
Investigators say the driver did not show any signs of impairment.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 3 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 35 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 54 min ago
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza' 34 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker 23 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof