Police: Wife runs over, kills husband in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe woman has been charged in in the death of her husband, who she allegedly ran over as he tried to stop her from backing out of their driveway last night.
The accident happened around 7pm on the 1200 block of San Jacinto.
Montgomery County jail records show 56-year-old Ruthie Cook-Scheer of Conroe was being held on a manslaughter charge. Bond has been set at $100,000.
Cook-Scheer was arrested after 66-year-old Frank Scheer was pinned under the car Saturday night and died. Conroe police believe the man was run down and killed as he attempted to stop the vehicle. An autopsy has been ordered.
Police on Sunday did not immediately provide additional details on the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act 5 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations