Police: Wife runs over, kills husband in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe woman has been charged in in the death of her husband, who she allegedly ran over as he tried to stop her from backing out of their driveway last night.
The accident happened around 7pm on the 1200 block of San Jacinto.
Montgomery County jail records show 56-year-old Ruthie Cook-Scheer of Conroe was being held on a manslaughter charge. Bond has been set at $100,000.
Cook-Scheer was arrested after 66-year-old Frank Scheer was pinned under the car Saturday night and died. Conroe police believe the man was run down and killed as he attempted to stop the vehicle. An autopsy has been ordered.
Police on Sunday did not immediately provide additional details on the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale