Police: Wife runs over, kills husband in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe woman has been charged in in the death of her husband, who she allegedly ran over as he tried to stop her from backing out of their driveway last night.
The accident happened around 7pm on the 1200 block of San Jacinto.
Montgomery County jail records show 56-year-old Ruthie Cook-Scheer of Conroe was being held on a manslaughter charge. Bond has been set at $100,000.
Cook-Scheer was arrested after 66-year-old Frank Scheer was pinned under the car Saturday night and died. Conroe police believe the man was run down and killed as he attempted to stop the vehicle. An autopsy has been ordered.
Police on Sunday did not immediately provide additional details on the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 56 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians