Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators found a husband and wife shot to death inside a home in an apparent murder-suicide overnight, but it's still not clear who pulled the trigger.
It happened around 11pm at a home in the 1000 block of Defender. Police say they got a call about two people who were inside the home deceased.
Houston police say the female victim, identified as Lashandra Washington, 34, and the suspect, Sharman Ford, 33, suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene.
According to investigators, the two appear to be husband and wife.
The couple has six children together. The ages of the children range from 6 to about 15 years old. Police are not saying whether or not any or all of those children were present during the shooting or whether or not they saw anything.
"Several residents inside the home contacted 911 in regards to two people inside of the residence being deceased," said Detective Kim Meek with the Houston Police Department Homicide Division. "All indicators right now are leading to a murder-suicide."
Police say the investigation is continuing.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 52 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart