Houston volunteers sending humanitarian relief to Syria
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Humanitarian relief from Houston is headed to Syria.
Volunteers of all ages with Helping Hand USA boxed donations of food and baby supplies in southwest Houston on Sunday.
The group says it has enough supplies to fill two 40-foot-tall containers on a ship that will deliver the supplies to the Middle East.
March 15 marks the second anniversary of the volatility in Syria. Volunteers say Syria's civil war has internally displaced more than 4 million people.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 52 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 34 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 24 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 48 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns