Search for kayaker suspended at Cy-Fair area pond
HOUSTON -- Emergency responders have suspended their search for a missing man whose kayak was found capsized at a Houston-area retention pond.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office on Sunday night announced the search for 32-year-old Ryan Smith has been called off pending additional information on him. Further details weren't immediately released.
Smith's kayak was discovered Saturday afternoon on the shore of the pond where he's been known to go fishing. His pickup truck and cellphone were located nearby.
Dive teams dragged part of the lake and used sonar. Dogs and a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter were also used in the search. ___________________________________________________________
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 7 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Residents say raw sewage is seeping into homes
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death 28 min ago
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools 57 min ago
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot 22 min ago
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year 43 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Man charged in July murder of woman dumped in ditch 11 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Sarah Palin to host outdoors show