Search for kayaker suspended at Cy-Fair area pond
HOUSTON -- Emergency responders have suspended their search for a missing man whose kayak was found capsized at a Houston-area retention pond.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office on Sunday night announced the search for 32-year-old Ryan Smith has been called off pending additional information on him. Further details weren't immediately released.
Smith's kayak was discovered Saturday afternoon on the shore of the pond where he's been known to go fishing. His pickup truck and cellphone were located nearby.
Dive teams dragged part of the lake and used sonar. Dogs and a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter were also used in the search. ___________________________________________________________
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 29 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos