Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in downtown Houston holds special prayer ahead of papal conclave
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The regularly scheduled mass was held Monday night at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, but this one had a special purpose: praying for those who are half a world away.
More than 100 people attended the mass for the election of a pope. There were prayers as well as Auxiliary Bishop George Sheltz's explanation of the conclave process.
Sister Eleanor knows the type of man she would like.
"I would like for it to be outside of Europe," she said.
More specifically, she knows whom she wouldn't like to see chosen.
"I'm hoping it's not Cardinal DiNardo for a couple of years," she said.
Catholics say it's not about the man or politics, rather the Holy Spirit's guidance to elect the right person.
Here, they prayed for the men who will soon cast votes for the church's new leader, vowing to accept whoever he is.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
papal conclave, pope, local, jessica willey
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 18 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 1 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 37 min ago
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 7 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 57 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos